MUGA Multi Use Games Area Surfaces
Are the most popular synthetic surfacing option chosen by schools and councils due to the limited space available and, of course, limited funds. A variety of different sports are combined onto one MUGA Multi Use Games Area. We typically see a combination of tennis, soccer, netball, mini-tennis, basketball and hockey in our MUGA Multi Use Games Area installations. These types of projects allow schools to utilise their space more efficiently on a long-lasting, safe playing surface.
The surface is chosen based on the priority and highest usage sports. MUGA Multi Use Games Area systems can be installed on an existing surface base, or used in a new build construction.
Schools and local authorities have to take into account the need to facilitate a number of sporting requirements within their grounds; budgetary and space restraints may not allow for individual sporting needs to be taken into account and therefore have to construct a MUGA Multi Use Games Area facility that can respond to the overall school or community needs for the multi sport activities. This may include for football, hockey, tennis, basketball and netball.
The criteria for the range of MUGA Multi Use Games Area were developed by:
- Meeting with schools and councils and determining their requirements for MUGA’s.
- Taking these requirements and working with our yarn suppliers to source the most suitable yarn which has to perform over a variety of sports
- Site visits throughout Ireland analysing the results of a variety of surfaces.
- Developing a complete build package which includes the full pitch construction, sub base, drainage, tarmacadam base, shockpad, carpet, fencing and floodlighting. All stages of the project to be constructed can be managed by Midland Sports Surfaces.
- Ensuring the MUGA is built in accordance to the industry guidelines.
Midland Sports Surfaces recognises that with extremes in weather conditions, schools all over Ireland are finding it increasingly difficult to maintain their playgrounds and sports fields to a suitable standard all year round. Our MUGA Multi Use Games Area range of synthetic grass can convert a muddy pitch or underused court into a bright and inviting multi-sports facility that children will love to play on, in every season.